America’s got faith! You’ll find it in every state — in grand cathedrals and tiny chapels, in miracle shrines and underwater statues, and even in blessed dirt. Finding these sacred places hasn’t been easy, until now!
Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles: A Traveler's Guide to Catholic America takes you to more than 500 of the country’s most intriguing holy sites, each with a riveting story to tell. Stories about:
- architecture (the interior of Guardian Angels Cathedral in Las Vegas resembles angel wings)
- religious history (at Maryland’s Old Bohemia, Jesuit priests lived and worked incognito during anti-Catholic persecution)
- artifacts (the Miraculous Medal Shrine in Philadelphia holds an original cast by Saint Catherine Labouré)
- answered prayer (from the Grasshopper Chapel in Minnesota to the Coral Miracle Church in Hawaii)
- healing places, beautiful places, hidden places, places where saints walked, and much more.
Organized by state and region, Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles can help you easily plan your vacation or pilgrimage, and find sites close to you that you’ve never heard of. Chapters also include Catholic trivia and color photos. Websites, phone numbers, addresses, and other pertinent information are included.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Marion Amberg is an award-winning book author and freelance journalist. Her articles — mainly religion travel pieces and human-interest features — have appeared in more than 100 markets. She is known for her “nose for the unique and unusual” and for her engaging writing style.